Is there a dish your family expects you to make every Thanksgiving? My family depends on my Cabbage Casserole. They think I spend so much time making it, but little do they know it’s super simple. Make your own this year!
- 2 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 pan, set aside.
- Toss cornflakes and butter, and sprinkle half into pan.
- Layer cabbage, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise; spoon over the casserole. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining cornflake mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
(photo via Beth’s Favorite Recipes)