Taking a dip in the pool this afternoon to cool off from the summer heat? Kill two birds with one stone and get your workout in, too. Here are a few reasons to take a swim today:
- The ability to do more with less - When submerged in the pool, up to 90 percent of our body weight is supported by the water.
- Increased muscle tone and strength - With each kick and stroke, you’re essentially doing resistance training for every muscle group
- Improved flexibility - It’s easy on the joints and helps stretch out all your muscles and even your spine.
- A healthier heart - Swimmingstrengthens the heart and helps it pump blood more efficiently.
- Weight control - You can burn up to 100 calories in 10 minutes.
Find more ways swimming makes you healthier here.